Exam Board recommends 1.6m candidates for admission
While candidates are worried about their admission status, JAMB has said that 1.6 million of them will be offered admission.
Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar recently announced reduction of UTME score to 120 for universities and 100 for polytechnics and colleges of education
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB has recommended 1.6 million candidates for admission into various tertiary institutions for the 2017/2018 admission.
The Board’s Head of Media, Fabian Benjamin made the announcement on Friday, January 26 in Abuja.
The spokesman said the figure for the 2018 admission year is more than the numbers recorded for previous years.
JAMB candidates at the exam centres during the previously held Unified Tertiary Matriculation Exams. (Premium Times)
Fabian also said that 500,000 candidates have already accepted their admission into various tertiary institutions.
He said, “we have over 500,000 accepted admission already. By the time the 1.1m candidates accept, we are now looking at 1.6 admissions. So until the 1.1m candidates accept, by the time they accept, with the 500,000 that have accepted, we will have about 1.6 million accepted.”
Anxiety as institutions refuse to release admission list after JAMB deadline
Meanwhile, JAMB had directed all institutions to complete their admission process by Thursday, January 25 but a lot of tertiary institutions are yet to release their admission list.
This development has become a cause of concern for parents and candidates who are looking forward to gaining admission this year.
Although, admission officer in Bauchi State University and the University of Jos have begged JAMB to extend the January 25 deadline, JAMB Registrar, Prof Is-haq Oloyede maintains that the deadline given to the universities to conclude their admission process still stands.